Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool validates the uploaded data while saving and displays errors if any validations implemented in the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool fails. Some of the validations and error messages are explained and shown in the screenshots below.
- Please ensure you are entering the date in correct format. Expected formats are dd-mm-yyyy. If you are facing errors in selecting dates in given format, then you can refer the below word document to change the format of date.
- Invoice value should be greater than INR 2,50,000 in case of B2CL (interstate supply to Unregistered person}. In case invoice value is less than INR 2, 50,000, then an error is displayed. In such cases, enter the amount more than INR 2, 50,000 in case of B2CL.
- Wrong input of GSTIN or Duplicate Invoice Number.
Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool may not be able to validate the GSTIN whether the same is active or inactive on the day of data entry but an error is displayed in case the same is not in the standard format.
Similarly, if an invoice is uploaded twice in the same tax period in the Tool, then an error is displayed. However, if the same invoice is existing in the earlier tax period then the Tool may not be able to identify the duplication and error message will be populated only when the return is uploaded to the GST Portal.
- If anything is entered other than numeric value in the HSN/SAC of Supply field, then the Tool displays an error.
- If excel or csv files contain future dates or if the format of the data is not correct, then the Tool displays an error.
- Some other general mistakes done by Users in filling the details resulting in errors are:
- Date of invoice is after the date of Tax Period
- Receiver GSTIN is same as of Supplier
- No Invoice exists against corresponding Credit/debit note in case of Supplies to Registered Taxpayers or Interstate Large Customers
- Shipping bill date is prior to date of invoice.